Where our money goes
Every person diagnosed with breast cancer in the Gisborne/East Coast area receives one of our packs. The pack has $500 of vouchers that can be redeemed at many businesses in Gisborne and a few places on the East Coast. PLUS 2 great books to read (that come very highly recommended), a pedometer, $100 of petrol vouchers, along with information sheets related subjects and support groups. All in a sturdy satchel to hold any other information received along the women’s journey.
We have provided a new computer for cancer patients staying at Ozanam House in Palmerston North and also purchased 3 lazy boy chairs , 6 portable DVD players and DVDs for the day ward in Gisborne Hospital.
We are in the process of helping with a donation towards the new Day ward at Gisborne Hospital in 2018
None of our money raised goes towards any administration costs; all of our committee members are voluntary.
Businesses that redeem our vouchers:
- Down to Earth, Muirs Bookshop,
- Sean Shivnan Pharmacy, Floataway Massage,
- Mane St Hair, Bramwells Pharmacy
- Juve, Mac’s Wood,
- Manutuke Herbs, Margaret & Peggy,
- Greenacres, Garths Property Maintenance,
- Yoga Room, Enterprise Pools,
- Oasis Counselling, Lassara Hall Natural Therapy
- Uawa Foodmarket Tokomaru Bay Four Square
- ,Hikurangi Foodmarket, Black Fig Catering
- Margaret Rishworth Zoe Alford
- Salvation Army
- Natural Solutions K & M Contractors - lawn mowing